Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Apology

I have been informed that I did not satisfy everyone with my last blog; it seems they expected my New Moon review to be longer. Of course, I do have more to say, as always. Last time, I didn't have time to write much, but I do now. New Moon was incredible and since I've seen it twice, I feel I have the right to judge. If that doesn't seem like enough, don't worry, I will be seeing it again. But I have to say, the downside to New Moon was the downpour of new Jacob fans. Unlike Edward fans, they are wrong. They have no idea what they're talking about and they must be crazy, because there is no way a sane, coherent, and sober person would pick Jacob over Edward. Last year, people knew that. But this year? I am appalled. The amount of Team Jacob t-shirts I've seen lately is disgusting. And really, the whole Team Jacob thing is just shallow. Why do women love him all of a sudden? I think we can safely say it is because of the thirty pounds he gained, all of which flowed nicely into his muscles and washboard abs. I get that he is maybe a little attractive (if you're into that kind of guy), but he has nothing on Edward Cullen and he never will. So many friends of mine (my own sister even) that I thought were loyal Edward supporters, jumped ship as soon as Jacob took his shirt off the first time. And then when he cut off that awful hair, the women in my theater went wild. And not just young girls-middle aged women were yelling and cheering when Jacob was standing out in the rain half naked. If you don't believe me, go see it in theaters sometime; try to go during a busy showing. You'll see it. Of course, you'll see the avid fans with their shirts and jackets. But its the sneaky fans, the ones you don't expect, that will ruin your movie. The middle aged woman with the sensible haircut? Yeah, she'll be the one hyperventilating when Jacob rips his shirt off. The boy who looks annoyed his girlfriend's dragging him to a chick flick? He's going to be loudly shhhing her while she talks during an action scene. Maybe even shouting at the screen like hes at a football game. You're laughing and shaking your head in disbelief now, but I've seen and heard it all. But even with those annoying fans, the movie is worth watching. Even if you didn't like the first Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment