Thursday, November 19, 2009

Work

Work was awful last night. I work at a kids' party place and while I usually like my job, these kids were terrible. And that's saying a lot because I generally love kids. They yelled, they ran, they fought-I've rarely seen anything like this before. The birthday boy was rude, selfish, and spoiled. It was annoying to watch his mother dote on him when he behaved this way. He yelled at me, called me mean, and laughed when another kid threw his hand back, knocking a piece of cake out of my hands and onto the floor. Haha, very funny, kid, thanks for that. And of course I had to clean up the mess. Not only that, but the mom told our manager that my co-worker and I weren't doing a good job, which is ridiculous. Just because her crazy kids were out of control, didn't mean we were to blame. Maybe being taught some manners would have helped, but I'm just throwing out suggestions here. After that, we had to yell and strongly enforce every rule, pretty much killing the fun. But that's what the mom wanted, so that's what she got. A party that barred the kids from having fun. At the end, she had the nerve to complement us on how well we did. Even though she didn't tell the manager that. And she did this after telling our manager that we were basically terrible at our jobs. Thanks, but telling us "thank you" doesn't really help. What would be great is telling our manager that we did well, and that she was mistaken when she complained about us earlier. That would have been nice, but I guess she didn't think of that. She better have given us a good review on the survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment